More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: December 2, 2010
Pilgrims’ experts, in a recent issue of Risk UK magazine, have provided advice on guarding areas of particularly high value or high security where realistic threat exists.
As the Manned Guarding function comes under increased cost pressure and at a time when the UK licensing system is under threat, it is worth looking at some core principles of Manned Guarding deployment.
The article, by Pilgrims' Senior Operations Manager, Richard Lovell-Knight, addresses the role of the security officer in protecting secure areas in conjunction with other primary solutions that lie in technology, such as voice communications, CCTV, sprinkler systems, fire resistant containers and RMC controlled ACS overrides, as well as in well rehearsed personnel security procedures.
Richard highlights that Manned Guarding is just one part of a matrix of security measures. It is best used as the eyes, ears and voice of the overall security of the site. The more sensitive or valuable the environment being protected, the more this is true.
To view a pdf of the article in full, click below.
For more information on this and other security concerns, contact Pilgrims' experts on: 01483 228 778.
Risk UK Feature October 2010.pdf