More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: March 18, 2011
Pilgrims Group has been awarded a further two security contracts supporting business operations in Afghanistan.
The first is to provide life support and security to a leading international communications and information technology company in Afghanistan. This further increases Pilgrims’ support to the technology industry where the company is already providing engineers in support of communications networks across the Middle East.
The second contract is to support a large US global non profit organisation across Afghanistan. This will see Pilgrims supporting a critically important effort to help Afghanistan through the tough times ahead.
Both contracts will require Pilgrims to operate in most regions of the country and provide tailored support services to match the clients’ profile and business footprint. Operations involve the provision of pre-deployment training, Intelligence & Information support, all elements of life support, private security details, static security and monitoring of vehicles and personnel.
“Both of these clients are also using Pilgrims to support their operations in other countries,” explained Pilgrims’ Managing Director Bill Freear. “This is recognition of the quality of our service and ability to adapt to match our clients’ actual requirements. Both are prized contracts and we are proud to be supporting our clients’ business operations as well as supporting the rebuild of Afghanistan by employing local people as part of our teams.”
Pilgrims has two offices in Afghanistan and has seen its operations in this region double in size over the past year.
When commenting on Pilgrims’ service, the Resident Country Director for one client in Kabul commented: “I’d like to pass along my appreciation for the great job performed by the team here on the ground. Everyone did an excellent job; they were dependable, flexible in light of an ever changing schedule, and highly capable in all matters of security. The delegation visit last week was a great success, in large part due to the excellent service provided by your team here.”
For more information on Pilgrims’ services in Afghanistan, call 0844 788 0180 (UK).
For all overseas enquiries: +44 (0)1483 228778