More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: June 27, 2011
Pilgrims has appointed Peter Kaye, a former security adviser and business continuity manager at the Bank of England, to help grow and build on the excellent work already established by the group. To find out more about the benefits Peter will bring to Pilgrims’ clients, please read below:
Q: Can you give us a synopsis of your professional background?
A: I am a former Security Adviser and business continuity manager at The Bank of England. My initial security experience came from a 23 year career as a Royal Air Force Regiment officer, serving in a range of security and continuity appointments worldwide, eventually rising to Wing Commander.
During this time I gained a Master of Arts Degree in Defence and International Security Studies, and became a graduate of the Joint Services Advanced Command and Staff College, whilst also serving as a Policy Adviser in the Ministry of Defence Proliferation and Arms Control Secretariat. I have worked extensively with all Whitehall Government departments and the Defence and Foreign Ministries of other countries.
After leaving the Bank of England, I became Head of Security at the John Lewis Partnership and was later appointed Group Head of Business Protection and Continuity, responsible for all aspects of security and continuity governance, advice, and Board assurance on security risk.
In the summer of 2010 I founded Risk Resilience Solutions Ltd, a security risk management consultancy, which first brought me into a contractual relationship with Pilgrims.
Q: What experience will you be bringing to Pilgrims?
A: Pilgrims is an insightful global security risk solutions provider so the combination of my demand and supply side security leadership experience whilst working at a senior level in Government and corporate organisations, nationally and internationally, will enable me to work effectively in a Pilgrims leadership position and progress its challenging business goals in such a competitive environment.
Q: What will your role involve?
A: My key challenge is to grow the business, so my immediate priority is to develop a sales and marketing plan for the existing and emerging markets, building on the excellent work already in place at Pilgrims.
Q: What do you aim to achieve in the role?
A: I aim to make a major contribution to year on year growth, building on the quality brand reputation of the Pilgrims Group in the global marketplace.
Q: What do you think your experience and background will offer Pilgrims’ clients?
A: During my many years of experience in purchasing security services, I have developed a keen understanding of the critical importance of customer focus and insight when providing such services. This experience will add further value to the Pilgrims reputation of being an intelligent security supplier, delighting our clients with our service delivery.
Q: How do you feel about joining Pilgrims?
A: Having worked for several other iconic brands renowned for quality and service delivery, I am delighted to be joining Pilgrims at a time when there is such potential for further growth and to be a leadership catalyst for that growth.