More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: January 18, 2013
Successful corporations require staff to travel throughout the UK and worldwide to conduct a variety of tasks, including generating business or reporting the news.
It is a fact of commerce we all accept and embrace to become competitive. Every city and country has its unique business challenges and customs and similarly each region has its own specific threats and risks. Extreme weather, terrorism, civil unrest and criminal activity are global issues that affect us all.
Pilgrims' Training Manager, Sam Mostyn, looks at the latest initiatives in security training in the current issue of City Security magazine. He highlights it is imperative for companies to ensure that their staff are prepared for these physical risks and have undergone a level of travel safety training to enable them to deal with a variety of emergencies. Better prepared personnel feel more valued by their employers and are less likely to be involved in, or affected negatively by, an emergency.
By Sam Mostyn, Training Manager, Pilgrims Group Ltd
Click the below PDF to read the article.
Pilgrims was awarded the 2012 Security Excellence Award for Training Initiatives
Initiatives in security training CS Feature 2012.pdf