More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: November 14, 2013
Global risk management and security specialist, Pilgrims Group Limited, has been awarded a further contract with one of the biggest consumer media businesses in the UK.
Immediate Media, a consumer media and publishing company, employs 800 staff in London and Bristol and publishes 34 websites and 50 magazines, with over one million subscribers, boasting a brand reach of 11 million UK consumers.
Pilgrims was initially awarded a twelve month contract in 2012 to provide front of house security with well trained, customer facing officers. There was also a need for security personnel to be flexible and able to adapt to changes in the usual office environment, as Immediate Media’s office has a bar and recreation area which are used for events.
The newly awarded contract marks a continuation of this service and will see Pilgrims provide manned guarding, front of house, customer services, access and egress as well as ad hoc services for open days, events and conferences. Pilgrims Managing Director, Bill Freear, says: “Having this contract extended by Immediate Media demonstrates our client’s satisfaction with the service that we’ve provided. Once again, it shows that the quality of the people we provide is our success story.”
“When security staff are placed in customer facing roles it is crucial that they have the right training and skills. Here, security officers become representatives of and ambassadors for a company’s philosophy and vision, not only to clients but to the rest of the workforce. This is why we select and train our personnel to very high levels of customer care and presentational awareness.”
Edel Ryan, Facilities Manager at Immediate Media, says: “Having worked with Pilgrims in a previous role, they were the obvious choice. We awarded them the contract after they stepped in to help with a temporary task during the refurbishment of the company’s new office in Hammersmith. Once again, they have faultlessly created an impression of a friendly and safe environment.”
Pilgrims provides security staff to cover the full range of corporate and industrial locations. All security officers have successfully completed an officer training course. In addition, they can demonstrate not only their knowledge of the role of a security officer but also their understanding of the Pilgrims culture and the strength of its commitment to clients.