More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: March 5, 2014
Internationally renowned counter-terrorism expert, Sir David Veness CBE, QPM, has joined global security specialist Pilgrims Group Limited as a Senior Advisor.
Sir David, formerly Under-Secretary General of the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), the body responsible for the global security of UN staff and operations, will further enhance the group’s capacity and capability in overseas security operations in both public and private sectors.
Pilgrims, which provides training and security to government bodies, NGOs and private companies in countries including the UK, USA, Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Algeria, Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Pakistan and Kuwait, has experienced between 15 and 30% growth annually over the last sixteen years and built an impressive track record protecting its clients in countries with challenging political environments, including a 100% safety record globally.
Sir David, whose vast experience includes the role of Assistant Commissioner (Specialist Operations) at New Scotland Yard from 1994 to 2005, dealing with counter-terrorism and security, comments: “I am impressed by the high quality team at Pilgrims and the leadership of the company. I’m looking forward to contributing as a Senior Adviser to the development of the group at home and abroad and, in particular, I’m keen to support the exemplary security role Pilgrims plays in this industry, which has already been recognised by a series of awards.”
Sir David is an Honorary Professor of Terrorism Studies at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland, Chairman of the London First Advisory Board on Security & Resilience and Co-Chair of the Executive Board of Cross Sector Safety & Security Communications.
Pilgrims Managing Director, Bill Freear, states: “We are absolutely delighted to announce that Sir David Veness has joined the Pilgrims team. Sir David’s knowledge of how markets are affected by global terrorism and his experience of policing and international staff safety and security at the highest level will be invaluable to our strategic planning and is set to further benefit our clients across all sectors. His decision to join Pilgrims demonstrates that he believes in our team and the standards we represent and sees the continuation of Pilgrims strategic growth, both within the UK and overseas security and risk management markets.”