More news & features
- Pilgrims Group wins prestigious PWC UK contract
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: June 30, 2014
Commercial security expert, Andrew Melvin, has joined security risk specialist, Pilgrims Group, as Business Development Director (UK).
Andrew’s appointment follows a 21 year career with the police service and 12 successful years in the private security sector. Andrew will play a key role in developing the company’s domestic business and he aims to continue to grow its manned guarding service into the leading independent, dedicated security operation in the UK.
“I have a passionate belief in the provision of professional, high quality security services through a specialised security company which is not too large and impersonal,” says Andrew. “Several large companies now dominating the market offer a range of other activities, such as cleaning and catering, which I believe dilutes the focus on security.”
“Pilgrims provides one of the broadest range of services in this single specialist sector, delivering comprehensive security risk management,” he continues. “The company is completely dedicated to the provision of professional security within the UK and internationally. It has a highly experienced management team from backgrounds that include military, policing and intelligence services. I am looking forward to working closely with the team and building Pilgrims Group’s presence in the UK.”
“We’re delighted to welcome Andrew to Pilgrims,” says the company’s Managing Director, Bill Freear. “We have been looking for very long time to discover someone with his talents. We have long had the product and track record but needed the final piece in the puzzle which was someone to ‘lead the charge’. Andrew has all the essential ingredients to fit into the Pilgrims team and present our services to the domestic market. We have large ambitions to grow our manned guarding service, which offers so many opportunities for our clients in the coming months and years.”
NOTES TO EDITORS
Andrew Melvin has joined Pilgrims Group following his role as Commercial Director at The Shield Guarding Company Ltd. He is a trustee of the Cross-sector Safety & Security Communications (CSSC) charity, a legacy project of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. He is also a member of the Institute of Directors (IoD).
Pilgrims Group is a medium sized company with a global network and a strong crisis management background. The company provides manned guarding and intelligence services for businesses across the UK, including pharmaceutical, media and oil and gas clients. The company also operates in countries including Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq and Ukraine and has helped clients in international crises, including the 2013’s tropical storm in the Philippines and the disasters in New Orleans and Haiti. Complementing its manned guarding offerings, Pilgrims consultancy services include crisis management, evacuation, relocation, business continuity plans, reviews, training and exercises.