More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: November 27, 2014
The Afghanistan division of international security specialist Pilgrims Group Limited, Pilgrims Risk Management Company (RMC), has been presented with a Good Standing Certificate by the Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA).
AISA, based in the country’s capital, Kabul, is the Afghan government office set up to attract and support business investment in the country. It aims to ensure a business-friendly environment for private sector development, thereby bringing robust and sustainable economic growth to Afghanistan.
The award, one of only two presented annually, recognises the degree of commitment Pilgrims has shown to comply with the regulations and protocols set by the government agency. Pilgrims RMC works alongside all relevant ministries within the Afghan Government to ensure that every regulation relating to an RMC is strictly adhered to. This includes ensuring that all five RMC-relevant licences issued by the government are meticulously correct and valid.
“Pilgrims RMC is proud of this certificate and the recognition it represents, including our drive and attention to detail,” says Michael Kayser, the company’s Operations Support Manager, Afghanistan. “This is a prestigious award and demonstrates the company’s tenacity, perseverance and the high regard with which Pilgrims is now held by the AISA.”
The company was one of the first registered RMC companies in Afghanistan and since registration has ensured any project and contract it receives has the best possible risk management, compliance, training and staff provision. As a result, Pilgrims RMC has a reputation throughout Afghanistan of providing the best solution to any working problem or crisis. “We work to protect companies and individuals in all sectors, from construction companies and NGOs to mobile media operations,” says Kayser. “Pilgrims RMC works closely with the local population and has specialist staff to ensure that its projects receive the best support with all relevant skill sets easily to hand, including legal, administration, medical and financial services.”
“This award by AISA is due to the hard work of Greg Pye (Country Director) and his team in Afghanistan,” states Pilgrims Managing Director, Bill Freear. “We intend to display a copy of this certificate in the foyer of our global headquarters.”