More news & features
- Pilgrims Group supports the Worshipful Company’s Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: November 27, 2014
Pilgrims Group Limited has announced the company has been awarded the contract to provide a wide ranging security operation to the Iraq division of the multinational professional services network, PwC.
In spite of international uncertainty about security in Iraq, partially controlled since June by militant Islamists, the confidence of PwC to invest in the country stems in part from its rigorous approach to risk management. After in depth review and discussion of the firms geological and operational business needs, PwC contracted Pilgrims to facilitate its personnel and asset security mitigation as well as incident support requirements. This was inclusive of risk assessments for PwC’s chosen locations in Iraq. Local work also examined the physical, environmental and social factors affecting security in the proposed neighbourhoods.
Now fully operational, the contract sees Pilgrims provides the personnel, equipment and logistics required to ensure the client’s staff and business operations remain safe and unobstructed. Pilgrims Iraq office recruits and vets all employees to meet the requirements of both the client and the vigilant Ministry of Interior department that monitors the work of private security companies. Pilgrims in-country team has worked closely with PwC’s local Business Resilience Team to ensure a robust operation in which technology, systems and processes are in place, while the workforce is trained to Iraqi regulations as well as British and international standards. The comprehensive range of services to PwC includes the control of entry points, monitoring and reporting of potential threats, threat assessment prior to movement, journey management, client training and, as a preparation for the worst case, contingency planning for crisis management.
“As the company secures the client’s premises and runs mobile security missions throughout the city, Pilgrims continues to work closely with PwC to enhance security for its overall business in Iraq,” explains Pilgrims Iraq Country Manager, Matthew Cawthorne. “Regular reviews with the client consider the implications of changes to the security situation and the responses to any changes in threat levels. Pilgrims Iraq is committed to the security of all our clients in the country’s exciting commercial environment and we are committed to the challenge of planning for all eventualities to keep them safe and able to concentrate on their productivity.”
Pilgrims existing client portfolio in Iraq includes oil and gas service companies, the Swedish Embassy, multinational services corporations, global technology leaders and a USAID implementing partner.