More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: November 19, 2015
Security & Fire Excellence Awards 2015
Pilgrims has been recognised for its extensive work overseas with the nomination of this year's International Achievement Award. The company has been highlighted for its work with the FCO High Commission in Nigeria.
In 2014-15, Pilgrims doubled its workforce in Nigeria with a multi-million, five-year, 300-man Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) guarding contract.
The contract covers five locations countrywide, including the High Commission in Abuja, Deputy High Commission in Lagos and numerous residences and hotspots. With man guarding as part of its core expertise, Pilgrims brought added value the FCO had not seen before, including:
- Dedicated executive contract-management teams in Abuja and Lagos plus man-management staff on the ground to provide reassuring layers of support.
- Pilgrims unique SEA-winning e-Guarding™ training based on 40+ vivid, engaging, interactive bite-sized online modules, plus MinEval™ real-time tactical evaluations.
- Working to quality standard ISO9001-2008 and our 360CustomerCare™ commitment that requires all SLA KPIs to be ‘Fully Met’ or exceeded.
“Pilgrims was selected after bidding against the major players in the security industry and against the odds, as some thought that we were too small. They soon saw that our UK model of high-quality, intensive training and management would transform the FCO’s guarding experience,” says Pilgrims Managing Director, Bill Freear. “This is the first time a company of our size has ever won an embassy contract and demonstrates how bigger isn’t always best.”
Pilgrims Group has a 15-year pedigree and worldwide team of security professionals protecting foreign nationals in danger zones with a 100% no-fatalities safety record.
“It is exceptionally important for the interests of HMG to ensure the safety and security of its staff and assets abroad. In January 2015, Pilgrims replaced the existing guard force in Nigeria. From day one, the five BHC locations across Nigeria received superb Contract Management culminating in results that were way above expectation. Pilgrims ability to listen to what the client needs are and the way in which implementation of tasks had been expected, were head and shoulders above all others. A company that really listens, understands and delivers is, in my opinion, rare within the industry.
Without a doubt, Pilgrims have proved to be the best security provider I have ever been involved with in my ten years with the FCO and 37 years within the security industry. I cannot fault the response, work ethic, determination and drive that the whole company exudes. We are convinced that together, our new approach to guarding and security will get even better, providing staff with a safer, more secure environment. Our system is already the envy of other Diplomatic Missions.”
Regional Overseas Security Manager
British High Commission, Abuja, Nigeria