More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: February 17, 2016
Pilgrims Group began 2016 with much to celebrate, having won the International Achievement Award at the Security & Fire Excellence Awards (SEA). This takes the company’s tally to an impressive three awards in four years.
The most recent award, which recognises quality in the international context, highlighted the company’s work for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) High Commission in Nigeria.
In 2014-15, Pilgrims doubled its workforce in Nigeria with a multi-million, five-year, 300-man Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) guarding contract. The contract covers six locations countrywide, including the High Commission in Abuja, Deputy High Commission in Lagos and numerous residences and hotspots. Read more here.
Pilgrims Group has an 18-year pedigree and worldwide team of security professionals protecting foreign nationals in danger zones with a 100% no-fatalities safety record.
Pilgrims Group Managing Director, Bill Freear, said: “To win three awards in four years endorses all that our team has worked so hard to achieve. Recognition from industry leaders that we are continually producing innovative and client focussed services that not only significantly improve safety but also add value. What’s more, we are already launching the next generation of products that will help businesses be better prepared in dealing with the emerging threats.”
In 2014, the company won the SEA Award for ‘Security Training Initiative of the Year’ with its interactive, online training programme, eGuarding™ which, since its launch in 2013, has increased efficiency and service to clients by 40%. This followed a win in the same category in 2012 for an innovative training scheme the company developed for the British Government’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Pilgrims was also selected as a finalist by the judges in two other categories in 2015, ‘Security Guarding Company of the Year’ and ‘Security Training Initiative of the Year’. The awards were presented at a ceremony held at The Park Lane Hilton, London.