More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: April 25, 2016
ARCINOVA, a leading global provider of research and development services to the pharmaceutical industry, has announced the appointment of Pilgrims Group as supplier of manned guarding and security services to their newly acquired site in Alnwick, Northumberland (UK).
ARCINOVA is a Contract Research and Development Organisation (CRDO) providing the pharmaceutical industry with comprehensive services from drug R&D through small scale manufacture. The company, formed by owners of Shott Trinova LLP, acquired the Alnwick site from global drug services company Covance in February 2016, to head its International Contract Research and Development Business.
Pilgrims Group has long-standing experience providing security and risk management services to the pharmaceutical industry.
“The pharma industry plays an important role and brings with it additional security considerations,” commented Pilgrims Group Contract Development Manager, Anthony Wisdom. “Pilgrims has vast experience operating in this market. We operate globally within this industry and support the entire supply chain, including R&D, manufacturing, distribution and medical services to end users. Clients also have the ability to draw on our other divisions and services, such as Information & Intelligence, Risk Assessment & BCP, Consultancy and corporate and executive protection.”
The Alnwick site has focused primarily on activities that fall within the Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC), Bioanalysis, Drug Metabolisom Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) and Regulatory Compliance areas of pharmaceutical research and development which will be continued in full. ARCINOVA will add capability in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) process development and scale up to the multi-kilogram level. The new business will continue to offer Covance these services while also seeking to build a large international client base. The company will aim to deliver best in class technology in the fields of contract research, development and small scale manufacturing to maximise effectiveness whilst minimising risk and overall cost.