More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: April 25, 2016
McBride plc, a leading UK-based provider of private label household and personal care products, is to protect its European business operations by partnering with global risk and security specialist, Pilgrims.
McBride’s factories receive raw product and dispatch finished products ready for the shelves. The organisation’s four UK locations, Bradford, Barrow in Furness, Hull and Manchester, will be protected by Pilgrims who will also secure operations across McBride’s full list of European sites, including France, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Italy and Luxembourg.
“Pilgrims will provide manned guarding services to McBride for their UK national account and has been appointed European provider of security solutions,” explained Pilgrims Contract Development Manager, Anthony Wisdom. “We will be delivering a bespoke service over several countries and a large number of sites, each of which brings its own unique challenges. Pilgrims operates globally and specialises in multi-site contracts, so we will use our experience to predict and overcome any obstacles.”
Day to day operations will see Pilgrims controlling the access and egress to McBride’s real estate, protecting their supply chain and designing and testing emergency procedures to ensure that all employees work both safely and securely with the peace of mind that site operations will continue without disruption. The team will also draw on intelligence from Pilgrims Information division, which monitors up to the minute, external risk factors.
The contract has now commenced, with McBride’s affirming its decision of security provider stating Pilgrims “stood head and shoulders above other security providers”.
Michael Dyer, McBride’s Indirect & CAPEX Group Purchasing Manager, commented: “We are delighted to announce that Pilgrims has been awarded the contract to deliver our security services throughout Europe. From the outset, Pilgrims demonstrated a level of service delivery and professionalism that exceeded our expectations. Their meticulous, attention to detail, quality and commitment to training and development were head and shoulders above other security providers.
“After seeing first hand their operational evaluation tool (MinEval™) being used and understanding its value and effectiveness, we knew we had made the right choice. The company offer everything we need to ensure that our business can operate securely, with the peace of mind that they focus on mitigating risk.
“Their service is bespoke and that shone through. Pilgrims has a unique blend of experience, knowledge and specialism which is rare within the security industry.”
Anthony Wisdom of Pilgrims continues: “The quality of our people is our success story. Pilgrims security officers are our representatives and ambassadors and we employ only the most conscientious and capable personnel. Quality is maintained through rigorous recruitment, pre-employment screening and training procedures, together with innovative remote and on-site initiatives designed to measure, monitor and motivate.”
Pilgrims is also in discussion regarding the provision of TravelSafe™ training and tracking of all McBride employees when travelling the globe, interfacing with the Pilgrims Operational Consultancy division.