More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: November 8, 2016
From basic to high level first aid, including how to respond to children’s injuries and conditions
With its work involving risk management and security all over the world, from company head offices in the UK to embassies and development projects in Iraq, Afghanistan and Nigeria, Pilgrims teams have always needed a strong understanding of first aid and emergency medical intervention. Now the group is offering a range of accredited training courses aimed at first responders of every level of experience. Whether you need to treat a badly cut finger or prevent blood loss following a major incident, Pilgrims has a course for you.
At the entry level, Pilgrims provides the Emergency First Aid at Work, an eight-hour course leading to a City & Guilds certificate, instructing on everything from a minor injury to a heart attack. The qualification lasts three years. The next level is the Qualsafe Three Day First Aid at Work course which is ideal for appointed first aiders in the workplace. Again, the qualification lasts three years.
Parents or people working with children may be interested in the Paediatric First Aid course, either a two day or six-hour course (Qualsafe accredited), aimed at responding to children’s injuries or conditions.
Courses involving a higher level of understanding include a Pre-Hospital Care course, which examines procedures after major traumas; the two day Emergency First Responder (EFR) Level 3 (Qualsafe accredited), where trainees learn to administer life-saving treatment prior to handing over to a paramedic and even assisting ambulance crews; the five day First Responder Emergency Care (FREC) Level 3 course (Qualsafe accredited) in managing a traumatic incident and assisting a paramedic; three-hour specialist training on giving defibrillation and oxygen and a Medicine in Remote Areas (MIRA) course in life saving skills and work in hostile environments, designed for expeditions (good, basic first aid qualifications needed).
Pilgrims trains numerous delegates from a variety of backgrounds every year at their state of the art Training Academy, situated near to Gatwick Airport.
Anyone interested in these courses should contact Steve Amphlett, Pilgrims Group Senior Training Manager on +44 (0)1737 823823.