More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: November 9, 2016
Pilgrims Training Academy has gained accreditation and centre approval with two world leading education providing bodies, City & Guilds and the medical training evaluation body, Qualsafe. As a result, Pilgrims can now provide numerous medical training courses in First Aid and Pre-Hospital Care (Emergency First Responder Level 3 and First Responder Emergency Care Level 3).
Pilgrims Academy is now extending their certification by working with the international training and compliance organisation, Highfield ABC, to gain centre approval and accreditation to be able to deliver Executive Protection (Body Guarding) Level 3, Security Operative Training and the Level 2 Door Supervisors course.
In addition to running courses approved by City & Guilds and Qualsafe, the global risk management and security specialist is known for its courses in hostile environment training, including realistic urban role play scenarios. By signing up to these agencies, the company is able to deliver a wide range of safety and first aid training. The relationships with City & Guilds, Qualsafe and the new relationship being built with Highfield ABC demonstrate that Pilgrims meets the highest standards, including the training providers’ protocols of quality of instructors, diversity, integrity and quality assurance.
Pilgrims provides a variety of accredited training for businesses to help organisations keep their staff safe. The company recently ran a Personal Safety and First Aid course with employees of the multinational business, Unilever, which featured a realistic scenario on how to deal with a ‘lone shooter’.
Paul Haywood, Consultant - Global Supply Chain and Operations Director, said: “As a company we travel extensively across the globe and traveller safety is a major concern. The on-site training gives an invaluable insight in to the dos and don’ts of international travel, from trip preparation through to taxi and hotel safety and how to react in an emergency. Elements of basic first aid are also covered in case the worst happens.
The course is excellent and certainly gives delegates an extra sense of self-confidence in avoiding and dealing with dangerous situations. Whether a novice traveller or experienced globetrotter, there are real nuggets of safety advice which will help to keep you safe on the road.
It is also a great forum to exchange incidents amongst the team and learn from these experiences. Although aimed at international travel, the same learnings can equally be applied in everyday life to make you more aware of potentially dangerous situations and how to react.”
“Many providers of courses teach in a classroom setting,” says the company’s Senior Training Manager, Steve Amphlett. “When you train with Pilgrims Group you get unique access to our urbanized training facility, which replicates a town environment with numerous streets and buildings. We stage practical, real-life scenarios using actors/role players, realistic looking casualties with wounds, smoke, real vehicles and driving. The realism really helps participants to prepare for real life situations.”