More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: May 6, 2008
The US Army has presented Harris Communications with the Certificate of Appreciation for its “amazing support” of 2nd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment during its operations in Iraq from 2006 to 2008.
Harris enlisted communications experts Pilgrims Group Ltd to provide a team of communication and technical specialists to train the US Army in using the Harris High Frequency communications systems and undertake repairs working under an over arching Harris contract.
The certificate, presented by Squadron Commander LTC Calvert, praised Harris Communications and the Pilgrims teams for its “generosity in supplying the Battalion with necessary communication equipment as well as providing both troubleshooting and repairs to over 50 items, most of them on the spot.”
The contract involved Pilgrims’ communications experts working extremely long hours and under extreme, arduous conditions. They were commended: “Your unselfishness and tireless efforts were truly appreciated by all of the soldiers and officers of the “Stallion” Battalion. Your contributions will greatly impact the quality of life of these soldiers and set the standard for future combat operations in that area.”
Harris representatives praised: “The Pilgrims team became subject matter experts and have provided first class support to this customer; that is why we work with their organisation. Pilgrims’ screening process is fantastic as every person they put on the team is top notch.”
Pilgrims Group Managing Director Bill Freear commented: “Pilgrims is immensely proud of the commitment displayed by our technical and communications experts in support of the US Army. Harris is a key contractor and we are delighted to provide them with the expertise required for such an important operation.”
Freear continued: “Our teams continually operate in the world’s most hostile environments, including Iraq, Afghanistan and Nigeria. Our experience in all aspects of communications, security risk management and logistical support operations in high risk areas makes us well placed to meet the toughest and most demanding contracts, whether for government, corporate or media needs.”
Further praise for the company’s work for Harris in Iraq read: “Pilgrims Group’s team came here and did all the installs in a timely manner, gave instructional classes to over 70 men and earned the respect of all the troopers here,” said SFC Commo Chief, Jimmy Jimenez. “We presented them with Certificates of Appreciation, and because of the outstanding job they did we will be able to communicate across our battle space of MND-N.