More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: May 6, 2008
The Pilgrims Group Awards were created to show the company's appreciation of outstanding dedication and service.
Pilgrims Group Director of Operations Dave Freear said: "To us manned guarding is much more than just a 'man in a uniform'. We only want the best and this year’s winners have taken up that challenge."
Winners received a Rotary dress watch and the Runner Ups an MP3 player. The winning teams received a bottle of whiskey each. "Our congratulations to all those who received an award and to all our staff," praised Freear.
Mark Roythorne received a very special award for a remarkable act of bravery when off duty. On October 10th Mark, a local volunteer fire-fighter as well as a member of Pilgrims Group, was at home when he was alerted by an alarm to a fire at a neighbour’s house. When Mark went round to see if he could help he immediately realised that the neighbour was still inside the burning house. His instincts took over; he broke the glass, found the woman and carried her out to safety.
Our thanks and congratulations to Mark for a job well done.
Most Dedicated, Northern - Trevor Mottershaw
Most Dedicated, Southern Sector - Stephen Holloway
Most Punctual, Northern Sector - Gary Armstrong
Most Punctual, Southern Sector - Philip Distin
Most Dedicated Team Award - Ken Bean, Stephen Holloway & Kamal Atfaoui.
Most Punctual Team Award - Tony Newton and Michael Beresford
Most Dedicated, Southern Sector - Ken Bean, Gallaher
Most Dedicated, Northern Sector - Robin Smith
Most Punctual, Northern Sector - Michael Beresford
Most Punctual, Southern Sector - Cameron Knight, Klaret.
Below is a special mention for all those who were Highly Commended.
Most Punctual - Highly Commended
Anthony Newton, Harlan UK Ltd
Adrian Barker, Harlan UK Ltd
Trevor Mottershaw, Sanofi Aventis Chapeltown
James Jackson, Total LOR
Peter Swaby, Associated Petroleum Terminal
Most Dedicated - Highly Commended
Andrzej Szymanski, Sanofi Aventis Chapeltown
Kamal Atfaoui, Gallaher
Darren Bateson, Sanofi Aventis Guildford
Paul McBrearty was presented with a bottle of champagne for five years service with the company.