More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: January 6, 2009
Pilgrims Group Limited was once again the preferred security partner to the NewsXchange media conference held this November in Valencia, Spain.
As the world’s leading provider of security and hostile environment training to the media, Pilgrims Group provided premium security at the Hilton Hotel for the annual event, which saw leading media personnel gather to discuss major issues such as: Undercover: the risks and rewards of investigative journalism; Crescent Coverage: the challenge of reporting on Islam, and; Hype, Hope and Headaches: making and selling digital news.
NewsXchange was created to provide broadcast news organisations around the world with a first-class not-for-profit conference. Underwritten by Eurovision, the conference is supported by all 70 members of the European Broadcasting Union's Eurovision News Exchange as well as many international broadcast news networks and agencies.
As major suppliers of media security services, Pilgrims also held the role of Premium Sponsor for NewsXchange 2008. The company sponsored the conference raffle, giving away a ‘Slingbox PRO’ - a media streaming device which allows you to watch your TV home experience anywhere in the world on your laptop.
“Pilgrims is thrilled to be official security partner and a premium sponsor of NewsXchange for the third consecutive year,” said Pilgrims Group’s Rowena Fell, Manager of Information and Intelligence Services, who attended the conference with Pilgrims’ Managing Director Bill Freear. “In their relentless efforts to inform the public of situations and events, our friends in the media industry place themselves in extremely volatile areas around the globe. Pilgrims’ expertise in the security consultancy and risk assessment field enables us to support all of our clients who operate in such situations. It is important we offer comprehensive security solutions to ensure that the media can operate as safely as possible; thereby reducing the risk.”