More news & features
- Reflections and thank-you from Pilgrims Group
- Pilgrims Group Wins Contract to Operate Security Facility for British High Commission in Nigeria
- Pilgrims Afghanistan project wins SEA award for International Achievement
- Pilgrims Academy throws open its doors in series of new Open Days
- Pilgrims Academy provides essential cover for Rescue Training
- Pilgrims Group gives Emergency Services a Training Day to Remember
- Fieri and Pilgrims Academy Partnership to Build Future Leaders
- Pilgrims Group Strengthens Salalah Methanol’s Procedures with Best Practice Crisis Management Plan
- Pilgrims Group Training Academy Expands Safety Training Provision
- Australian High Commission and the British Council enlist Pilgrims in Nigeria
- Pilgrims rolls out medical training for any eventuality
- Pilgrims Group earns the global best-practice award, PSC.1
- Feeling safe in an unsafe world
- » View full article list
Published: April 21, 2009
Pilgrims has expanded its work with Sanofi-Aventis, securing the contract to provide full manned guarding services to the company’s Dagenham premises.
Pharmaceutical companies face a number of security risks, including threats from animal rights protestors and activists. With expert knowledge in this and associated areas, Pilgrims is supporting its manned guarding skill set with the provision of additional security services and intelligence, from specialist training for Sanofi-Aventis’ security staff to the latest information services on extremist groups and activity.
Pilgrims additionally provide emergency response, consultancy and technical solutions, gate house duties, access control and reception and post room duties.
“Specialist, up to the minute training and information intelligence is a value added service to our manned guarding provision,” said Pilgrims’ Commercial Manager, Martin Neil. “With a contract like this you must provide much more than a man at a gate. There is potential high risk to both staff and premises. Our teams are fully trained to identify and act on the potential and real threats faced by the pharmaceutical industry, and we consider it vital to be able to support our manned guarding with advanced information; from animal rights awareness training through to e-mail alerts and weekly reports on the latest activities from extremist groups.”
Single issue extremists provide a main and real threat to pharmaceutical and research companies. "Sanofi-Aventis were looking for a professional manned guarding company who could enable their staff and business to continue to operate without concern for their safety. We are delighted to expand our work with them,” said Neil.
Pilgrims has been working with Sanofi-Aventis since 2003, providing manned guarding services at the company’s premises in Guildford, Alnwick, Fawdon, and Chapeltown. This adds to many high level pharmaceutical security contracts Pilgrims has across the UK.